Monday 12 December 2016



GRACE unplugged
Many things I would love to write
A million years won’t be enough
I had no right to pray
Taken too many wrong turn
Crossed the line of no return
Passed the point of redemption
Tried all I could to get back
But even I knew there was no coming back for me
All hope was lost
But you kept hoping against hope
Even when I knew I was undeserving
You left my candle burning


Just when I thought I had had enough
You saw my Achilles's heel
Then stoop down to my level
To the mud where you first picked me
Giving hope and a strength renewed for tomorrow
And the day after and the day after that
You took my hands and off we went to a place where grace drowned all my mistakes
Took my feet out of the sinking sand
Made beauty out of the ashes I am
And now even I can tell that your grace is enough…



1 comment: